We take a trip through the following:
– History of crypto-anarchists and cypher-punks from the 1980s.
– Founding developers of DoD sponsored ARPANET, the predecessor to the Internet.
– The protocol used to create BitGold that became Bitcoin
– The paradigm for understanding value is usually via visual sensory input or because everyone agrees that something is of value. Now we are changing the way we see value.
– Cryptocurrencies are undiscovered country that has its foot in the old and the new.
– It has aims to be a currency but currently functioning as a commodity – mimicking electronic gold.
– What are fundamentals driving Bitcoin prices today? What are the other variants tied to blockchain technology and how do they differ from Bitcoin? What is blockchain?
– Bitcoin resembles the internet in the early stages of its development. It is a means of exchanging value and keeping records of transactions.
– Government intervention (SEC lawsuit against XRP foundation) into the development of bitcoin.